R. Stevie Moore & Ariel Pink - Come My Way



On my Resonance FM show I've dedicated whole episodes to both Ariel Pink and R. Stevie Moore, each time spinning my favourite rarities from the two. That said, up until about five years ago everything they'd released was a 'rarity'. Anyway, they are two of my favourite artists and ones who have opened me to a load of music that's informed this blog's identity. Naturally, them coming together to collaborate is always going to be pretty special. 'Come My Way' is cut from their record Ku Klux Glam, although the song originally featured on Moore's 1976 effort Stevie Moore Returns. This time around it's Pink providing the vocals while Moore and Jason Falkner lay down the instrumental. Pink is so perfectly suited to the tune - a gorgeous 60s pastiche that you can imagine Pink might have based songs like 'Dayzed Inn Daydreams' or 'Only In Dreams' on.

Label: Stroll On Records
Year: 2012
Genre: Rock, Sunshine Pop

No comments:

Post a Comment