Resonance FM 2/7/15





















This episode kicked off with a song that I had been meaning to play for months and months - the explosive Japanese pop killer 'Suki Suki Daisuki' by Jun Togawa, with its infectious chorus and psycho lyrics. I played some classic easy-listening in the form of Chris Karen, before spinning a blissful version of Tomás Méndez's 1954 classic 'Cucurrucucu Paloma' by Spanish singer Silvio Perez Cruz. I then played Björk's first ever recording (aged nine or ten). This was the recording that, I believe, scored her the deal to release her first album (1977's self-titled LP). I then announced the next 'Dig That Treasure! presents' gig and played a song from one of the performers, Krar Collective. The band are a fantastic Ethiopian three piece mixing traditional instrumentation with funk-driven tunes! I closed the show with the gorgeous The Go! Team-sampled 'Ab To Hai Tumse Har Khushi Apni' (featuring that outro).

Dig That Treasure (2/7/15)
Jun Togawa - Suki Suki Daisuki
Chris Karen - The Face I Love
Silvio Perez Cruz - Cucurrucucu Paloma
Björk - I Love To Love
Krar Collective - Welaita
Lata Mangeshkar - Ab To Hai Tumse Har Khushi Apni



No comments:

Post a Comment