Resonance FM 22.11.17



I opened this episode with a song by Algerian great Warda Al-Jazairia, an obscurity by Hawaiian artist Paul Mark, Ethiopian jazz legend Teshome Meteku, and a contender for my favourite song of the year, Sophia Kennedy's 'Hello, I Found You.' I also played a run of three tracks that subvert or play on the notion of easy-listening/lounge music: first, Sebastian Cabot (Bagheera's voice in Jungle Book) doing a dramatic reading of Bob Dylan's 'Like A Rolling Stone' over an elevator-music backing-track; second, Devo's easy-listening version of their own hit 'Come Back Jonee'; and finally, Z-Rock Hawaii's bonkers 'I Get A Little Taste Of You,' a comedy-noise-pop collaboration between Ween and Boredoms.

Dig That Treasure (22/11/17)
Warda Al-Jazairia - Ya Lahbab
Sebastian Cabot - Like A Rolling Stone
Devo - Come Back Jonee (EZ Listening Disc version)
Z-Rock Hawaii - I Get A Little Taste Of You
Paul Mark - Comparing Heights
Teshome Meteku - Mot Adeladlogn
Sophia Kennedy - Hello, I Found You

No comments:

Post a Comment