Resonance FM 20/10/20 (Canon)

 

I took a mid-season pause from discovering and playing new music. Instead, this episode is a canon-building exercise. I like the idea of having certain songs that represent Dig That Treasure, that sound like the show no matter how different they are to one another. Primarily, these songs are among my favourites that I've played previously on the show. They also provide a great short survey of what the show is. So, I played tunes from Ethiopia, Japan, Syria, Cambodia, France and the US. Lots of bases cover: experimental new-wave, toe-tapping dabke, comedic squiggly pop, coarse US folk, and so on. I close the show with the eponymous 'Dig That Treasure' by Cryptacize. Listen below and learn!

Dig That Treasure (20/10/20)
Bezunesh Bekele - Sintun Ayehu Bante
Susan - Ah Soka!
Mohamed Al Ali - Mili Alay
Prum Manh - Two Wives Are Twice The Trouble
Clement Gourand - Cap Horn
Old Harp Singers Of Eastern Tennessee - Ocean
Cryptacize - Dig That Treasure

No comments:

Post a Comment